Sunday, May 22, 2016

Tabular Bas Jan Ader (Spelled Wrong) and Mom reading "From the Deep Waters of Sleep" by Johanna Adriana Ader-Appels

From the Deep Waters of Sleep - From the deep waters of sleep I wake up to consciousness. In the distance I hear a train rumbling in the early morning. It is going East and passes the border. Then it will stop. I feel my heart beating too. It will go on beating for some time. Then it will stop. I wonder if the little heart that has beaten with mine, has stopped. When he passed the border of birth, I laid him at my breast, Rocked him in my arms. He was very small then. A white body of a man, rocked in the arms of the waves, Is very small too. What are we in the infinity of ocean and sky? A small baby at the breast of eternity. Have you heard of happiness Springing from a deep well of sorrow? Of love, springing from pain and despondency, agony and death? Such is mine. - Johanna Adriana Ader-Appels

No comments:

Post a Comment